Stranded alone?
This is precisely where you belong,
Everything you thought of,
Every hope and wish,
Disappears like a mirage,
Right before your eyes.
Every road has an end,
Every dream has a wake up call,
Every summer is shadowed by rain,
Every flame with be ash again.
Take a crystal ball,
Fling it upon a nearby wall,
That is your life shattered,
More than a lifetime to solve the puzzle.
Nevermind the attempt.
Give it a thought,
How long were you happy?
How long were you sad?
The result of its subtraction,
Is always negative,
Just like one's life.
Self respect, honor, love,
All hokum and mere words,
Wrath, anger, hatred,
Feelings latent but most valiant.
Vent out as much as you can,
It'll only be back for more,
Misery's thirst is never quenched,
An addiction soon shall grow.
Blackened by lament,
Tainted with sadness,
This is your life,
There is no choice,
No mending.
Only despair.
Forever more.
---------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
25th January, 2011
This is precisely where you belong,
Everything you thought of,
Every hope and wish,
Disappears like a mirage,
Right before your eyes.
Every road has an end,
Every dream has a wake up call,
Every summer is shadowed by rain,
Every flame with be ash again.
Take a crystal ball,
Fling it upon a nearby wall,
That is your life shattered,
More than a lifetime to solve the puzzle.
Nevermind the attempt.
Give it a thought,
How long were you happy?
How long were you sad?
The result of its subtraction,
Is always negative,
Just like one's life.
Self respect, honor, love,
All hokum and mere words,
Wrath, anger, hatred,
Feelings latent but most valiant.
Vent out as much as you can,
It'll only be back for more,
Misery's thirst is never quenched,
An addiction soon shall grow.
Blackened by lament,
Tainted with sadness,
This is your life,
There is no choice,
No mending.
Only despair.
Forever more.
---------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
25th January, 2011

such a dark poem....i think i felt a bit of depression while reading it....nice portrayal...
ReplyDeleteProbably cause somewhere down the line it related to your life in some scenario. Thanks
ReplyDeleteYou always convey deep meanings in your poems. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks!
ReplyDeleteMy dear friend!
ReplyDeleteThis is a wonderful description of the left plate of the scale. I know, I have been there!
There is another plate of the scale, to the right of the pointer, where there are notions that balance the scale. I know, I've been there, too!
Anyway, your job is exceptionally beautiful, you have a great talent!
Thank you liam for the encouragement :)
ReplyDeleteSo so sad....
ReplyDeleteYou write so many emotional poems...:'(
Yes, Experiences will make us write :)
I hope everything good happens to you in the future..:)
Take care!
And by the way....
ReplyDeleteYour blog is so emotional...and your blog url is so funny...
Scaryhairyman...Hehe.....Your hair isn't scary...:P
Thanks I guess.
ReplyDeleteActually I wanted 'hairyman' as my blog url but it wasn't available, so I just added scary before it since it was the first thing I thought of.
Hairyman was my nickname in school :)