Monday, January 17, 2011

Instructions For Dissolution

Come hither lad,
Sit by my side,
Watch the much afflicted sad,
Rot in their own creation where they reside.

Laws and conflict,
Escape and treason,
The evils upon themselves they inflict,
Rage and rebellion the reason.

Have a seat lad,
Get a good view,
Watch as what remains of the hearty turn bad,
The mutation of the good few.

See the principles of harmony crumble,
The fine line separating evil fade,
As the vicious takes over the humble,
And to eternal rest they're laid.

Ask me questions of the past,
How once we saw the glory,
And I will recite a story ever so vast,
One flavored from laxed to gory.

Look! Over there! Tainted red!
Once a nation filled with pride,
Now justified as the land of the dead,
For in corruption and blight did they confide.

Watch the world you grew in boy,
Turn into a world you never knew,
The carpenters of malice did they employ,
To remove the nails which held them through.

Swiftly the flames spread overseas,
Incinerating the innocent and the evil,
Approaching the lands like a gentle breeze,
A detrimental objective to fulfill.

There is no remorse for this making,
Living amongst the carcasses of their past.
See my child? The rationale behind their gift's taking?
The gift of life that was meant to last?

Go forth now my angel of retribution,
Cast the shadow of your wings upon them,
End their futile attempts for domination,
Silence their upheaval forever-
The final judgment do condemn.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
17th January, 2011

11 comments:

  1. I am flabbergasted!

    Two in a row!

    It is so sad, but so great the way your poetry stabs the smug sense or well-being that some of us are still wearing as our exterior clothes!

    You know, I could not help but to think about a Spanish poet, José de Espronceda's poem "Desperation":

    I like a cemetery,
    Full of dead people,
    With flowing mud and blood
    Preventing to get a breath.
    And there a gravedigger
    having a baleful look
    with cruel hands
    skulls crush

    (This is a loose translation, it is a long and terrible work!)

    You're in good company, lad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thank you so much Liam.
    By the way, I've always wanted to learn spanish. I'll look up this poem now+google translate, it sounds brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harish, I'd like to quote what Od told me once "open-mouthed". That's how I'm now reading every line of your excellent poetry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe this is the moment to learn a new language. :)

    You do that!

    Google is good but if you need help PM me. I'll be glad to lend you a hand!

    This is the link:
    http://www.coopvgg.com.ar/selva/espronceda/desesperacion.htm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks balqis :) :)
    Thanks for the link liam :) Will read :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lot of question marks in the link :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Harish!

    They are the accented vowels.

    Maybe you have a wrong Character Encoding in your browser? If it is Firefox change in View, Character Encoding to Western ISO 8859 ISO.

    If you use IE then depends on which version. In IE8 go to the right of the screen in Page - Code - Western ISO

    OK?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or try:

    http://biblos.zonalibre.org/archives/035954.html

    This seems to work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done! A great way to express what you view this world as and to create images, as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. @liam.. it does, thanks!

    @arabia... thank you :)

    ReplyDelete