Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Haiku - The Desolate Soul

Take me far away,
To a fine place of freedom,
Shelter me thee well.

Ensured elation,
A place for one's free being,
Not heaven or hell.

Cast in the middle,
Between the mystical realms,
Worlds inscrutable.

Never see the ones,
Suffer the consequences,
Of bliss or torture.
-----------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
11th January, 2010

13 comments:

  1. Lovely! Lovely! Lovely! Can't say much cos I'm awed by your words. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. take me there
    to the place of freedom
    where the heart can wish
    on its every desire

    take me there
    to the land of freedom
    where I don't have to suffer
    the pain of a heart full of guilt

    take me there
    to the so called heaven
    shade me some light
    raise me from hell

    take me to the world
    where fantasy and reality
    never meets on a cross road
    take me where mystery exist

    ***not as good as your poetry, I hope it pass your taste, I tried to write y own interpretation of your poem in a form of poetry***

    ReplyDelete
  3. @balqis thank you so much!

    @stephanie that was really awesome! It actually makes a valid interpretation of this poem but I was talking about a man stuck in purgatory between heaven and hell :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep! That is the gist of love, as we, human beings, understand it!

    But love is just to give and then give again, never to receive, but in our inner "shop" we still wait to find that retribution that sometimes is retaliation.

    We'll never learn to love on Earth, it is Paradise, Purgatory or Hell! Can't keep ourselves away from our feelings...

    Hmm, too deep for thought, and too shallow for Philosophy, but it is already on white and black!

    The man in your Haiku is strong Harish! he can follow the path and leave the wood behind him!

    He knows there always are more twigs in other forests!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe! yeah we all have our own interpretation I happen to be in the mood to interpret it that way! glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. More twigs in other forests :O Brilliant ways of putting it forth Liam! Thank you so much!

    Stephaine thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant one, Harish!

    "Never see the ones,
    Suffer the consequences,
    Of bliss or torture."

    Says it all- Odliam just explained it even- :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey...you got nice stuff going on here. Really liked "The stoner's perspective"..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful lines...

    I too have the same feelings expressed in this poem..:)

    ReplyDelete