When I recall the end of it all,
I see the white light speak,
Whispers of a cold scenario,
That transiting moment to weak.
Shadow then silence,
A deathly kiss for the meek.
Twilight, civil means and figurines,
Of memory and the gift of life,
Across the barrier prior to the void,
Transition to a land of no strife.
Anguish and applause collide,
A confusion clause to abide.
Shades of darkness, of misty ray and mixes of gray,
Soothing pain and gracious temptation,
Judgmental looks and a sunny dark day,
Navigated to the final destination.
Curious, curious bewildering way,
Reveal, where shall be the final stay.

True and will to the anonymity of principle,
The slow movement of the victimized,
Lonely air and company invisible,
Segregation of mortals to be gifted or penalized.
From blue blood to lowly cripple,
Of the lavish and the simple.
Traveler to another defiant manor,
Sleep with the brethren of belonging,
Cold sooty flame or warm land of desire,
A result of the being righteously well or in wronging.
As I recall the end of it all in my time in the mire,
Each scalding step I take brings this sinful soul,
Closer to the eternal obliterating fire.
----------------------------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
12th September, 2011
I see the white light speak,
Whispers of a cold scenario,
That transiting moment to weak.
Shadow then silence,
A deathly kiss for the meek.
Twilight, civil means and figurines,
Of memory and the gift of life,
Across the barrier prior to the void,
Transition to a land of no strife.
Anguish and applause collide,
A confusion clause to abide.
Shades of darkness, of misty ray and mixes of gray,
Soothing pain and gracious temptation,
Judgmental looks and a sunny dark day,
Navigated to the final destination.
Curious, curious bewildering way,
Reveal, where shall be the final stay.

True and will to the anonymity of principle,
The slow movement of the victimized,
Lonely air and company invisible,
Segregation of mortals to be gifted or penalized.
From blue blood to lowly cripple,
Of the lavish and the simple.
Traveler to another defiant manor,
Sleep with the brethren of belonging,
Cold sooty flame or warm land of desire,
A result of the being righteously well or in wronging.
As I recall the end of it all in my time in the mire,
Each scalding step I take brings this sinful soul,
Closer to the eternal obliterating fire.
----------------------------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
12th September, 2011

So excellent! :)
ReplyDeleteBrilliantly written. All your efforts are clearly visible in every poem you write!
ReplyDelete