Far-sight into the trees,
Enveloping what seems to hold,
The commuters upon their two feet.
Needs, occupation, formalities,
Mellow hums, the pertinacious and bold,
Blind to their own passing, indiscreet.
I look outside my window yon,
Green, grey and brown opaque,
The monotony of the picturesque land.
Of the bird shudder early morn,
Skies of crimson make,
Time and sand.
Gentle she blows into my face,
Of silent whispers undeduced,
Flashbacks and solitude.
Suspense's tempting grace,
What is to become today, conscience refused!
Live hence! Time is due!
To traverse the lines laid before,
By second, minute and hour,
Enveloping what seems to hold,
The commuters upon their two feet.
Needs, occupation, formalities,
Mellow hums, the pertinacious and bold,
Blind to their own passing, indiscreet.
I look outside my window yon,
Green, grey and brown opaque,
The monotony of the picturesque land.
Of the bird shudder early morn,
Skies of crimson make,
Time and sand.
Gentle she blows into my face,
Of silent whispers undeduced,
Flashbacks and solitude.
Suspense's tempting grace,
What is to become today, conscience refused!
Live hence! Time is due!
To traverse the lines laid before,
By second, minute and hour,
Trudge along to reveal.
Feel the need to feel,
With patience and empower-
Traverse while those old scars heal!
Feel the need to feel,
With patience and empower-
Traverse while those old scars heal!
I throw across a question or two,
Life what have you to offer me?
What is to be?
The mind blisters with thirsty pangs too,
To see what the eyes are to see,
To agree or to disagree.
Bring me the daily gift,
Before I head for the abdication,
Unsatisfied and cheerless.
Upon a seamless plane without a rift,
With an appropriate elucidation,
So that I may have something to miss.
Of the long run with many a mile,
From all fours to the running,
Coupled with the motivation of a smile.
A step, a trial,
The trifles of the cunning,
Tarry but for a while.
A jug of the elixir,
An undisguised tonic of satisfaction,
To derive the end.
A periodic uncover,
A challenging excavation,
Of the climax I ferociously fend.
----------------------------------------------
Life what have you to offer me?
What is to be?
The mind blisters with thirsty pangs too,
To see what the eyes are to see,
To agree or to disagree.
Bring me the daily gift,
Before I head for the abdication,
Unsatisfied and cheerless.
Upon a seamless plane without a rift,
With an appropriate elucidation,
So that I may have something to miss.
Of the long run with many a mile,
From all fours to the running,
Coupled with the motivation of a smile.
A step, a trial,
The trifles of the cunning,
Tarry but for a while.
A jug of the elixir,
An undisguised tonic of satisfaction,
To derive the end.
A periodic uncover,
A challenging excavation,
Of the climax I ferociously fend.
----------------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
25th June, 2011


You know I've hard time to read long poems- :)
ReplyDeleteWould you recite and upload somewhere to listen? This one should be something to listen- you're good!
I've to quote:
Bring me the daily gift,
Before I head for the abdication,
Unsatisfied and cheerless.
Upon a seamless plane without a rift,
With an appropriate elucidation,
So that I may have something to miss.
It's always nice reading all your well-written poems. I like the seventh stanza. It shows determination.
ReplyDeleteMoon has a good suggestion. It would be great listening to you reciting it.
A job well-done! Thumbs up for you! :)
I agree with MOONOMO. Or a vid of u puttin it to music. :)
ReplyDeleteSo natural and realistic...
ReplyDeleteBeautifully written :)
Enjoyed reading it :)
i love the cherry blossom :)
ReplyDelete@moon, balqis, osumone.. Na. I don't fancy poetry videos :) I prefer letting the mind imagine it at its own pace while reading :)
ReplyDelete@valli.. thank you so much!
@lang... cherry blossom?
But what if ur one of those people who can't keep their interest on lyrics without notes? oh, got my first bass lesson.
ReplyDeleteA mind while reading produce the worthy imagination- indeed. This one surely a 'healthy' candidate for reciting, too! :)
ReplyDeletei need your email id asap!!!!
ReplyDeletecontact me at aprajita.sheel@gmail.com (its related to publishing your poem)
Beautifully written!!!!!! wise arrangement of words! loved the last stanza!!!!!! :)
ReplyDelete@aprajita... Sorry. I'm not interested in getting my work published.
ReplyDelete@Aakrita. Thank you so much :)
Whats ur band called, so i can look it up?
ReplyDelete