Darkness beckons,
As all light diminishes,
Sweeping across the land covering the shadows.
Latent it is. Patient.
Quietly, it comes forth.
A presence that one can't apperceive.
Calm. Serenity.
Deterioration of vision.
Deterioration of foresight.
Feeble attempts by light,
Unable to reach its varied occupancies.
Omnipresence.
A sense of life,
A wake up call,
Creatures of the dark,
Strong in its presence,
Keen and exhibiting kinesis.
A catalyst.
A place of worship,
A temple of malice,
A court of no judgment,
A torchless castle.
A city of freedom.
An uncharted dimension.
Ra and Iah,
May reign supreme over darkness's shelter.
But taunted they are by his might,
Inevitably eclipsed,
A time or two and again.
A warning.
Reaching to the cosmic frontiers,
Worldly occupancy is insignificant.
Divine creation or concomitance,
An unchallenged respect it derives.
An emperor amongst kings.
Eons past,
Life will see,
The collapse of yin and yang,
The ascendancy,
The great black hole,
Devours with ease.
Never a single remnant left.
An aphotic aftermath.
-----------------------------------------------
Harish Iyengaar
11th December, 2010

This is simply fantastic! You mentioned lots of things. A wide coverage of it, I'd say. You really brougt out the ascent of darkness. Let your creative mind flourish with ideas, Harish. I'm a big fan of this blog. Every time I'm here, I'm awed by your excellent poems. Some parts of it, I might not comprehend but I try to get the gists and enjoy reading everything here. Thanks for sharing. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks a lot again Balqis.
ReplyDeleteI'm planning to start another blog in order to clarify every aspect of each poem. Bring out the true essence of it. Just wondering if that's the right move :)
You're welcome. It depends on you if you feel like starting a new blog. You said you wanted to bring out the true essence. It'd be great! Looking forward! Good luck! :)
ReplyDeleteI have to say that you have definitely transformed me into a fan of your work. I enjoy the complexity of your vocabulary, and even though sometimes I find myself reaching for a dictionary, it adds a level of intelligence, depth, and maturity that some people lack in their poetry.
ReplyDeleteNeedless to say, though, the intellect doesn't sap the beauty of the poem whatsoever. Thanks for sharing this!
Wow! I'm speechless Crystal :) Thanks so much :)
ReplyDeleteOne of the best combo of words...loved it like all the above :)
ReplyDeleteThanks so much chitranshi :)
ReplyDeletejust wonder where will you release your book of poetry.. hehe
ReplyDeleteWould love to have a free copy of it hehehe" with the authors signature as well...
I'm actually thinking of it :)
ReplyDeleteWill have to do so when I have more free time on my hands. Exams on :(
Thanks a million anyway! :)
Honestly speaking I try to skip reading long poems- but I've read yours. The only thing is- I'm almost loosing the words to comment on them!
ReplyDeleteYou're doing a great job- it reminds the spirit of your age- I was involved with publications/press at that time. ;)
Thanks moon! Love your words.
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to cut down the frequency with which I'm putting up my work.
It's happening too fast :P
While it flows- get it and pen down! It's amazing experiences for you- I know well.
ReplyDeleteDon't think to trim it down unless other priorities effected. Go on. :)
Thanks man :)
ReplyDelete